Learning & Teaching
After I have reached out to a student who is failing, not coming to class, or having personal struggles what other offices are available to help them? How do I let them know about the student's situation? (Early Alert?) (Center for Academic Success and the Counseling Center)
What are things I can do to best help students who are struggling? (External Link - also consult the Center for Learning and Teaching)
I have a student who has plagiarized or cheated. What are the standards? (Office of Honor)
How do I report plagiarism or cheating? log on to mybyuh and click on the Instructor tab and then fill in the online Honor Code Violation Form
What is the learning framework? (Center for Learning and Teaching)
How can I get support to improve learning and teaching in my classroom? (Center for Learning and Teaching)
If I want to go on a field trip with my class, where do I find the permission form and when does it need to be turned in? (The completed form must be submitted to the Office of the Vice President for Academics at least 2 weeks before the trip.)
CFS and Rank Advancement
Current CFS and Rank Advancement Policy-Fall 2016 (this policy will apply for all who are applying for rank advancement)
For sample portfolios, contact colleagues in your department or across campus
Policy for those hired before 2016 who opt to stay on the pre-2016 model (to apply for CFS before rank advancement)
Changes in process from the pre-2016 document that are now in effect:
- There will be a department review committee as a step in the process in addition to the letters by the chair and the dean.
- External and internal letters for the file will be solicited by the department chair (with suggestions from the candidate) rather than directly by the candidate.
- The steps of notification to the candidate during the review in the new policy will apply.
- Even if CFS is granted later than the usual time, the three-year wait after CFS is not binding and a faculty member may still apply for rank advancement after six years from the time of hire.
- The appeals process of the new policy is available to all on the old policy.
Professional Development, Sabbatical, Student Research
Sabbatical / Professional Development
See Faculty Handbook, IX Professional Development (AAVP for Faculty)
What is the timeline for applications for sabbaticals to be submitted? (AAVP for Faculty)
How do I apply for a sabbatical (professional development/academic leave)? (AAVP for Faculty)
What do I or my students need to do to use human research subjects? (Institutional Review Board)